Sales Development Representative/Inside Sales
We are… Velostrata – a market-leading software company helping enterprises move workloads to, from and around the public cloud.
You are… a self-motivated team player with high social intelligence, the ability to ask the right questions at the right time, and a good grasp of how enterprise IT organizations work.
At Velostrata, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) plays a critical role in growing our business. The main focus of this position is in developing qualified prospects for our field sales organization through cold calling, responding to marketing-qualified leads, and leveraging social media to identify prospects.
- Develop target prospect lists and execute cold outreach to IT executives via phone and email
- Manage various social media tools for inbound prospect development
- Interact with prospects and provide high level offering information
- Generate qualified leads and set sales appointments
- Manage prospecting status and forecasting in Salesforce.com
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least three years at a Business-to-Business organization in an account development role
- Excellent instincts for conversing with technology executives and ability to think on the fly
- Fearless on the phone – loves the challenge of getting a busy IT exec on the phone, understanding their cloud initiatives, and communicating our value
- Fluency in English along with excellent phone skills, phone etiquette, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- An understanding of basic data center infrastructure, cloud and/or virtualization is a strong plus
- BA/BS degree is preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes: comprehensive health and dental insurance, generous PTO, and a 401K.