Step 1. Subscribe to Velostrata on AWS Marketplace
The Velostrata subscription on AWS Marketplace enables you to run and migrate VMWare-based workloads from on-premises to your AWS VPC without requiring additional license purchases.
Velostrata is licensed per virtual machine that you run on an AWS EC2 Instance. Consult with the AWS Marketplace listing for up-to-date pricing on different instance types. Some smaller instance types may be offered at no additional cost for the Velostrata subscription for product testing and evaluation.
AWS EC2 resources (e.g. compute, storage, networking, etc.) for the selected workload instances, as well as for the Velostrata virtual appliances in cloud, will be charged by AWS separately, per AWS EC2 pricing schedule.
Note: you may change a workload instance type at any time using the Velostrata plug-in for VMWare vCenter Web Client or Velostrata Powershell Module on-premises, using the Velostrata “Reconfigure VM” feature.
- Open the AWS Console and logon with your account credentials.
- Navigate to the AWS Marketplace and search for Velostrata, or use the direct links below.
- You will need to subscribe separately to the Windows-based workload option and to the Linux-based workload option. Subscribe to both if you intend to run or migrate a mix of such workloads with Velostrata.
- To subscribe, click on the Velostrata Windows-based or Linux-based workload entry on the AWS Marketplace to open the corresponding details page.
- Click on “Continue”
- Select “Manual Launch”
- Click on “Accept Software Terms”
- You may now return to the product page for further access to reference materials if needed.
- Next, you will receive a confirmation email with the AWS Marketplace subscription information.
Important Notice: The procedure described above enables AWS Marketplace billing for the Velostrata subscription. The subscription is not intended for use directly with “1-Click Launch” or “Manual Launch” with EC2 Console, API or CLI.
If you have launched an instance using 1-Click Launch or Manual Launch with the EC2 Console, API or CLI, please terminate the instance and follow the procedure outlined on this page and in the Velostrata Documentation.
To run or migrate your workloads from on-premises to AWS, you will need to use the Velostrata plugin for VMWare vCenter Web Client or the Velostrata Powershell Module on-premises; the launch into AWS will be automatically managed using the Velostrata plug-in or Powershell controls on-premises.